_My old hand-terminal was crushed three days after that last transmission.
_This one is much better, but I still lost some important topographical data. It would be helpful since I am on the run.
_Two days after that post, I was sent to Force General .Mir's briefing bunker. He asked me to describe what I thought of the current situation.
_"Do you want my honest opinion, sir?"
_"I'm sure that you are very good at lying... But yes, give me your assessment of my strength."
_(What would you do? He let his whole garrison fall into disarray. True - it was going to do this anyway; yet I'm sure he could have attempted control.)
_I paused, thinking, for too long. He mused, "What if we were to keep this planet to ourselves?"
_"Pardon me, what?"
_"I am asking you the question: 'If I were to separate from the Force, would I be able to hold this planet?' -As its singular authority."
_"May I have time to gather my thoughts and estimates, please? - Sir."
_"I have all the time in the world. Aid, escort him to my guest tent and keep him guarded. No transmissions."
_"I need some contact to fully evaluate, may I have a tapped line?"
_"Yes, then. Dismissed."
_The aid walked me across the bustling camp to a large inflatable accommodation next to the Force General's. I entered and he posted a guard with a jammer at the entrance. The aid soon returned with a case and affixed a bug to my hand-terminal.
_But not before I stuffed as much vital data as I could into my personal memory drive.
_Shoot, its about time to move. I'll finish later.
No comments:
Post a Comment